Tuesday, July 28, 2015



Getting back on the net reminded me of George for some reason.  He was a dear friend for many many years.  I remember going to sleep many nights and George would always have to be right at my back.  He would be upset when I left the house and be overjoyed when I came home.  He could be upsetting at times, but when he looked at you with those big eyes there was nothing but love.
I’ve always felt sort of bad because once I moved in this apartment they didn’t take pets.  So I had no choice but to leave George with my sister and brother-in-law.  My sister isn’t an inside dog person, so George who had never lived outside had a dog house.  They took good care of him.  When I first moved here and I was walking, I would go over and see him every day.  Once I got to the point of using a wheelchair I couldn’t go and see him.  I’m sure he thought what happened, and had I deserted him.
 
George passed away last year.  He lived a long life.  He was 21 human or 147 dog years when he passed.  I guess I’m writing this because he did mean much to me and this will be the last goodbye.
                          
Farewell my very dear friend and I hope you’re happy wherever you are.

                                                                                                                 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, 21 years! That is just amazing. I'm glad you had such a great friend for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, George. I'm sorry to hear he passed. 21 ... wow, that's amazing. Glad we got to know him through you too. Good to see you back online FM. You were missed!

    ReplyDelete