Monday, December 7, 2015


Back Home Again!


Well the last adventure is over for the time being.  I was in the hospital for a new knee, but they couldn't do that.  They ended up fusing my femur and tibia together.  I've had what's called an external fixator on and in my leg for two months now and it looks like another month to go.  I was in rehab. for two months.  Mainly I was being given IV antibiotics and then I had wound care for my knee.  It was good being there and the people were excellent.  The only thing is it was boring.  I'm glad to be home now.

A new adventure will begin once the fixator is taken out.  It will be determined if I can be taught to walk again.  If so, I'll have to have a special shoe because I've lost about three inches on my right leg.  That doesn't bother me so much because I'll taking walking anyway I can get it. 

While I was in rehab. I surprised myself.  I was very upbeat, almost like a good humor man.  I saw people who had had strokes who were trying to get back a small part of normalcy.  I saw people with small victories and I saw people who through their pain fought regardless.  I could have wallowed in self pity, but after seeing people who where much worse than I, and who through sheer determination strived to make their life normal again, I could only think how lucky I am.  Don't get me wrong, I still have times of self pity, but then I think of those people I met and wish I had just a small amount of their courage.  Remembering them doesn't always make me feel better, but I think of friends I made who had come so far, and that does make me feel better.

Well as I said, I'm home now in a wheelchair and with a leg that sticks straight out and can't bend.  It's present new problem in everyday life, but none I can't overcome.  I keep looking at everything as new adventures.  Yes I have a problem with my leg, but I'm constantly thinking of ways to make things easier.  A friend in rehab. and I had the same thoughts.  A lazy person will come up with the easiest way to do anything.  As you all know, I am a very lazy person, and luckily I'm always coming up with ideas.  God it's good to be lazy. :)

I hope everyone is doing fine and I wish you a happy life.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment